Skip to content
- A default catalogue of over 2,500,000 stars (Tycho2).
- UCAC4 catalogue with more of 114 millions stars. WinStars downloads only necessary data from internet.
- A direction of observation which is easily controlled by a mouse and in real time.
- A precise representation of the observable sky from a point on the Earth’s surface on a given date.
- A 3D interface to give more realism to celestial objects.
- Virtual textures to display high resolution surface details of planets.
- Travel throughout the solar system, to over 200,000 stars, the edge of our galaxy and beyond.
- Follows the latest scientific news by downloading additional modules.
- A calculation of notable astronomical phenomena visible from an observation point on the earth.
- Detailed information about each object.
- A calculation of positions of the principal satellites of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, of comets and of asteroids.
- An outline of the celestial equator, the ecliptic, and a grid of azimuthal and equatorial coordinates.
- A 3D outline of the planetary orbits.
- Сontrol a large range of telescopes.
- Internet resources are also available:
updated comets and asteroids’ elements, querying of DSS (Digitized Sky Survey) servers to obtain a photograph of that portion of the sky being displayed by the program, a notice of the visibility of artificial satellites, etc.
- Automatic updates.